Kristen Stewart: Vogue cover star

Kristen Stewart: Vogue cover star


A spot of her signature Balenciaga and a Just Cavalli gold leather blazer feature in the rock-chick film actor's photo shoot for the fashion bible – but no mention of you know who

______________________________________________________________________________


Attitude … Kristen Stewart in the October issue of British Vogue. Photograph: Mario Testino

 
A designer dress worn with a tomboy attitude, all messy hair and rock'n'roll eyes. Converse boots on the red carpet. Basically, she's a dude. And she's also the cover star of the October issue of British Vogue, out next week, as shot by Mario Testino.

For the cover, Stewart has been given a typically Vogue glossy hair-over, but it hasn't stripped her personality – she still looks like a rock chick, albeit a slightly more polished one who wears Gucci dresses.

The image from inside the magazine, also released to the Guardian, is a bit more typical of Stewart's styling. A Balenciaga vest – K Stew likes a bit of Balenciaga – worn with a leather miniskirt by Isabel Marant, and a gold leather blazer by Just Cavalli. There's also a bright snap of a blue ear-ring swinging from one ear, her mane of hair is thrown gloriously to one side, while those brilliant legs are crossed in a fashion-shoot perch in front of some serious gilt. All in all, she looks pretty fabulous.

In the interview to accompany the shoot, Stewart talks about her public image, which post the R-Patz cheating debacle, has come under even more scrutiny. We're getting the impression that either the interview was done before said scandal, or that the subject was deemed off-limits. In any case, she says: "I know if you haven't thought about how you want to present a very packaged idea of yourself, then it can seem like you lack ambition. But, dude, honestly? I can't. People expect it to be easy because there you are, out there, doing the thing that you want and making lots of money out of it. But, you know, I'm not that smooth. I can get clumsy around certain people. Like, if I were to sit down and think, 'OK, I'm really famous, how am I going to conduct myself in public?' I wouldn't know who that person would be! It would be a lot easier if I could, but I can't."

Meanwhile, she also talks about her upcoming project, an adaptation of On the Road, where she expresses an affinity with the Beat generation. "There is always going to be that seam of people who want things differently to the standardised version. It's not necessarily a rebellious thing, it's just who they are. That world back then, it just seems freer to me than anything I could ever touch and I'm fully nostalgic for it, even though I wasn't even alive then … It's the loyalty aspect of it all. I love being on the periphery with a group of people who have the same values that I do. People who don't get off on fame, who just like the process of making movies and thrive," she says.

The October issue of Vogue is on sale from 10 September.

Comments